Rent and legal protection
All prospective tenants are fully referenced by an independent agency, who will check the tenant’s identity, right-to rent-check, employment status, credit history and also gain references from previous landlords if applicable. Only tenants who pass our vigorous referencing checks and who have been approved by the landlord will be offered the property.
We are aware that tenant’s circumstances can change for many reasons such as illness, redundancy or a relationship breakdown, and even with the most thorough of referencing, events like these cannot be foreseen. This is why we offer Smart Rental Warranty range, offering peace of mind at a reasonable price whilst also ensuring you get the cover you need. We want to make sure that Landlords are left feeling confident that their rented property is covered for any unexpected events such as non-payment of rent, or the need to evict a tenant following unpaid rent.
SMART RENTAL PROTECTION +
A 6 or 12 month Smart Rental Protection + Warranty, which comes with the following benefits:
- Covers loss of rent up to £3,000 per calendar month should a tenant fall into arrears.
- Covers loss of rent for up to 4/5 months (the first months rental should be paid in advance so will not be covered). On a 6 month warranty, the client is covered for up to 4 months arrears and up to 5 months arrears on a 12-month warranty.
- Transferable benefit – If tenants vacate and you have remaining months left on the warranty you can transfer the benefit on to the new tenancy agreement.
- Covers the first months unpaid rental meaning there is no exclusion period.
- Covers legal expenses authorised/incurred by DPR, including court costs to obtain vacant possession following non payment of rent (up to a maximum total benefit of £25,000)
Please note all tenants and guarantors if applicable must undergo and pass a Full Reference.
Terms and conditions apply.